Front-End Engineer, Oculus
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense—and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As a Front-End Engineer in Oculus Marketing Engineering, you will join a passionate team of world-class engineers using leading-edge web technologies to drive customer awareness, education, adoption, sales, engagement and sentiment across all Oculus properties and campaign systems. There is an expectation of greatness from everyone on our team - you will contribute to the technical strategy as well as tactics we together improve the UX/UI across all web & email surfaces. The ideal candidate is energized by having impact, is an awesome web developer, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment alongside other exceptional people.
- Create an engaging web & campaign ecosystem that drives scale, inspires our community of consumers and enthusiasts, and meets or exceeds the functional needs of our customers, partners, and third-party developers.
- Enhance company-wide velocity by enhancing self-service tools that empower teams throughout Oculus to improve their own sections of the site without sacrificing functionality or visual impact.
- Participate with Oculus Marketing in the planning of launches & campaigns, integrating across multiple engineering teams, and regularly deploying at-scale web-applications used around the globe.
- Drive improvements in usability and interactivity on Oculus web properties.
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience including layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- 3+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top