WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1.5 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas â€" making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
- Collaborate with Product Designers and other Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Own the frontend stack for internal and externally facing services
- Work with other engineers to write flexible and extendible code
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, building UIs.
- Experience supporting IE9+.
- Customer-focused, working with other engineers and non-technical people: customer operations, localization, legal, marketing.
- Experience with content management systems and multi-language support.
- Experience with React, ES6, JS packaging (e.g. webpack, gulp)
- Experience with a server-side scripting language like PHP or Python
Back to top