Front End Engineer, Intern/Co-op
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Are you interested in building products used by over a billion people? Do you like shipping code at a rapid pace? Facebook is seeking Front End Engineering interns who are passionate about building and desktop web applications.
- Work with Product Designers to develop Facebook products
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- 1 or more years of experience writing high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- 1 or more years of experience developing rich applications with HTML/CSS/JS
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters degree.
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Aware of but not reliant on Object Oriented Frameworks (Prototype JS, MooTools, Dojo, etc.)
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
Back to top