Front End Engineer, Intern/Co-op
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Are you interested in building products used by over a billion people? Do you like shipping code at a rapid pace? Facebook is seeking Front End Engineering interns who are passionate about building mobile and desktop web applications. This is a Fall internship and is based in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Work with Product Designers to implement the next generation of Facebook products
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML/CSS/JS
- Pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science or a related field
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2017
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top