Front End Engineer, Intern/Co-op
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Are you interested in building products used by over a billion people? Do you like shipping code at a rapid pace? Facebook is seeking Front End Engineering interns who are passionate about building mobile and desktop web applications. We currently have Winter, Summer, or Fall 2018 internships based in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Work with Product Designers to implement the next generation of Facebook products
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Experience developing rich applications with HTML/CSS/JS
- Pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science or a related field
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2018
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top