Front End Engineer - Accessibility, Intern/Co-op
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Front End Engineer intern to focus on the accessibility of Facebook’s various product offerings. This person would work with the Accessibility Engineering team to improve infrastructure accessibility and compatibility of Facebook’s products with assistive technologies. This position is based in our Menlo Park headquarters and will take place during Fall 2017.
- Directly improve the accessibility of Facebook’s products
- Work closely with product teams on accessibility
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Interact with other teams and team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Experience in the field of accessibility and knowledge or strong interest of assistive technologies (JAWS, VoiceOver, Dragon NaturallySpeaking) and their interactions with web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, ARIA)
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Investigative and desire to untangle complex, subtle problems
- Demonstrated software engineer/UIE experience via an internship, work experience, or coding competition
- Exceptional communication skills
- Pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science or a related field
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2017
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top