FRL Tracking Software Engineer
Come invent the future. At Facebook Reality Labs, software development is vital to turbocharging our scientific explorations and generating viable paths to the consumer products people will use for decades to come - products that will literally give people super powers. If you're a C++ expert with deep knowledge of computer vision tracking technologies, a love for solving novel problems from first principles, and an aptitude for sensor fusion, you'll thrive in our collaborative environment. Join a world-class team of pioneers experimenting with breakthrough technology. There are opportunities to work on simulations, algorithms, custom sensing technology, machine learning, computer vision, optimization, digital signal processing, demos, user experiences and more. Partner with expert research scientists, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and other brilliant software minds to build cutting-edge prototypes and create the technology that makes AR/VR universal. Step into the adventure of a lifetime, as we make science fiction real and change the world.
FRL TRACKING SOFTWARE ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze, evaluate, design, develop, integrate, debug and test real-time AR/VR tracking systems for advanced prototypes and user experiences
- Create and implement novel real-time tracking algorithms for new sensors, integrate with existing tracking systems, implement real-time and offline telemetry, implement capture/playback systems, and implement synthetic data generation systems
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural trade-offs required to rapidly deliver software solutions
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking systems, mapping systems, imaging systems and haptic devices
- Write clean code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Learn constantly, educate others, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Image Processing, Control & Estimation or related field
- 5+ years C/C++ experience, including knowledge with C++11 (and up) features and principles
- 5+ years experience creating software for games, autonomous vehicles, robotics
- 3+ years experience with sensor input, Bayesian estimation, computer vision, and machine learning
- Experience shipping one or more products using standard software development toolsets such as source control and continuous integration systems
- Experience with sensor fusion
- Experience with 3D math and linear algebra
- Experience with 3D graphics
- Experience with Game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with Robotics
- Experience with Advanced mathematics
- Experience with Software optimization, including the use of SIMD instruction sets to improve performance
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- AR/VR Product Designer - Facebook Reality Labs
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Materials Research Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Technical Program Manager
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top