FP&A Analyst, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA- style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The FP&A team manages Facebook's entire budget of revenue and expense. We focus on using our unique view into the numbers to see trends and opportunities that are developing within Facebook and within related industries. Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action, have exceptional partnership and communication skills, and know how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast. Building 8 seeks a Financial Analyst to focus on responsibilities including expense and headcount forecasting and budgeting, month-end close and quarter-end close deliverables, and weekly analysis and reporting to individual business groups of Building 8. This person will be a key member of the Building 8 business planning and finance team. This is a full time position based in our Menlo Park office. Successful candidates for this position and team have a bias toward action, have exceptional partnership and communication skills, and know how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast.
- Perform the monthly close process for Building 8 which includes preparing accruals, reviewing spend to ensure financial data accuracy, preparing and/or reviewing variance analyses and reclass entries as needed
- Enhance and implement scalable financial processes related to weekly financial reporting
- Review purchase requisitions and contracts to ensure accuracy and compliance with financial plan
- Provide financial support to the Building 8 team across budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning for capital expenditures, operating expenditures and headcount. This includes loading the forecasts into Essbase or other corporate tools. Ensure and maintain forecast data accuracy and integrity at all times
- Maintain chart of accounts for Building 8 organization
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder needs across a growing organization
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of financial planning and accounting concepts
- 2+ years financial analysis or accounting experience from a technology company, public accounting or Fortune 500 company
- Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Communication skills with an ability to build relationships with people across all levels of the organization
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to balance multiple priorities and non-uniform workloads
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or similar
- Proficient with Hyperion Planning, Essbase (or equivalent) ERP tools
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top