Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work to deliver human-centered insights that shape the future of Facebook. Within our team, research spans every step of the product life cycle, from understanding people's latent needs before we build products, to assuring the products we build deliver world class user experiences, to measuring the impact of our products once they are in use.
For this position we are looking for experienced individual contributors who will help elevate the practice of research with creative but rigorous research and foresight methods. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about product design, passionate about understanding people, curious about the relationship between technology and society, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, and a great collaborator. This role will play an integral part in the growth of the business, bridging the divide between insight, foresight, and action.
- Work closely with design, engineering, marketing strategy colleagues and research agencies to design, implement, manage, analyze and report out on relevant market trends to inform business decisions
- Orchestrate strategic visioning and analytical activity, moving between macro trends and micro trends
- Develop a deep understanding of changes in people's values, attitudes, and behaviors towards technology
- Uncover insights at the intersection of people, business and technology
- Draft POVs based on primary and secondary data and effectively influence stakeholders
- Apply rigorous approaches to the future to real-world problems and collaborate with market strategy on the development of future-forward recommendations
- Bring forward new and interesting ways of looking at futures research, while inspiring the development of concepts and solutions
- BA/BS in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science or economics
- 10+ years' experience in applied product research
- Experience with detecting and analyzing trends in technology and combining them with your knowledge to detect potential business impact
- Experience with the technology field with knowledge of social media, trends in content, digital convergence and mobility
- Experience with data and utilizing numbers to define and support hypotheses
- Experience with storytelling to get traction with various audiences
- Experience with autonomy and decision making to balance demands
Back to top