Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook Dublin is seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to join the international accounting team based in Dublin. This is a full time permanent position reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager. Facebook is in a period of exceptional growth, this is a great role for anyone looking to accelerate learning, build new things, work across cultures & enjoy the Facebook culture. The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional communication and partnership skills. The will recognize how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast. The candidate must be a highly driven, high energy, focused individual that can work well with internal and external partners at all levels. They will be expected to problem solve, drive process improvements and exercise good business judgment while performing their function.
- Responsible for worldwide Facebook legal entities
- Manage processes related to month-end and quarter-end close, including P&L, Balance Sheet and variance analysis.
- Contribute to quarterly management reporting
- Manage processes for the preparation of Corporation tax and VAT returns
- Manage processes for the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Assist with the preparation and co-ordination of Statutory Audits
- Create strong business partnerships and manager service levels with third party service providers
- Identify and drive process improvements
- Participate and add value to ad-hoc projects such as acquisition integration
- Support the Finance team in design, testing and roll-out of financial reporting systems/tools/processes
- Excellent team player who is very comfortable working as part of a larger team located in different locations
- Recognized accounting qualification
- 5+ years relevant industry experience (post qualification) with large, fast-growing, multi-national company
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and local GAAP
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel (experience with Oracle ERP or similar package is very desirable)
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top