Finance Operations Specialist, Japan
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking to fill the role of Finance Operations Specialist role in Tokyo, Japan office. The ideal candidate will be a top academic performer with at least 8-10 years of experience in a high tech global organization and specifically in the area of Finance operations. The successful candidate must be a driven, independent, highly motivated, customer service focused individual that can work well with internal and external customers at all levels. He/ she will be expected to achieve problem solving, recommend solutions and exercise good business judgment while performing their daily function.
- Responsible to do credit review on Japan customer's financial data such as financial statement, cash flow report, bank statement and ensuring reasonable credit limit granted, including translation to English
- Manage the collections process to ensure timely payment complying with Facebook payments terms and overseeing accurate cash application process
- Assist in reviewing and processing month end activities such as refund, write off for collection exhausted and bad debt proposal
- Direct interaction with clients in resolving receivables delinquencies and comfortable liaising directly with the external/ internal customers to expedite resolution of outstanding payments " Responsible to attend credit, collection and billing queries and coordinate resolution, not limited to missing invoices/statement of account, ads spent discrepancies with invoices, update of customer details and local tax queries on invoice
- Be involved in process improvements and automation in credit & collections process
- Partner with the Facebook legal team on the development and evolution of sales agreements terms & conditions
- Responsible for training for FB internal customers on company policy and procedures in relation to credit collection policies
- Responsible for raising change management request related to local credit collection and billing process of Facebook, including participate for ad-hoc projects
- Excellent team player who is very comfortable working in a fast pace environment, as part of a larger team located in different locations
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/ Finance or Business and/or qualified accountant or equivalent subject matter
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel
- Independent, require minimum supervision, highly motivated, strong detail-orientation and a team player
- Organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills in English and Japanese
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top