Finance Manager, AR/VR Hardware R&D (MPK)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Financial Planning & Analysis team oversees our investments in headcount, operating expenses and capital investment. We focus on using our unique view into the numbers to see trends and opportunities that are developing within the company as well as across the industry. Successful candidates for this team have a bias towards action, exceptional partnership and communication skills, and know-how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast.
You will join the team that manages the finances for AR/VR, which plans to release multiple products over the next few years. You will be responsible for the creation, tracking, reporting and analysis of investments in operating expenses and headcount for the Hardware organization. You will gain invaluable experience in a position that offers significant responsibility and interaction with management, as well as considerable opportunity to have a large impact within a growing AR/VR Finance organization. Our ideal candidate is highly analytical and a well-rounded top performer.
- Create strong business partnerships with Hardware leadership
- Provide financial leadership across planning, budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning
- Build thoughtful analyses to drive better investment decisions
- Help business partners gain key insights into spend through analyses and reporting
- Help define and implement scalable financial processes related to month-end and quarter-end close, including accruals and reporting
- Drive process improvements by partnering with up-stream process owners and enhance current tools/systems related to financial management
- 8+ years of financial analysis experience
- Experience supporting Hardware development organizations
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience developing analytical frameworks and communicating concepts to leadership
- Experience working and solving problems independently, organizing workload and priorities, and completing tasks on time
- Experience partnering with and influencing key functional leaders
- Experience building financial models in Excel
- Experience with PowerPoint, Oracle and Hyperion
- Experience in applicable accounting concepts and financial planning
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top