Finance Director, Server Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Finance Director to lead its Server Infrastructure Finance team that manage the finances for our largest expense area - Facebook's server hardware and supply chain. The Server Infrastructure group is responsible for designing, building, deploying and maintaining the most scalable, efficient, and reliable server infrastructure for Facebook, to support more than one billion daily users. With a deep understanding of core drivers of technical infrastructure, you will be responsible for leading a team of finance professionals to perform core FP&A duties, as well as more applied analytical work, including capacity planning and hardware price modeling; with a view to helping Infrastructure leadership make timely and well-informed decisions. You will gain invaluable experience in this leadership role that offers significant responsibility and interaction with management, as well as considerable opportunity to have a large impact within a growing Finance organization.
- Lead and develop a team of finance professionals supporting Facebook's Server Infrastructure group
- Serve as primary finance adviser to the Head of Server Infrastructure, as well as leaders across the constituent teams, including capacity engineering, supply chain, hardware and infrastructure strategy
- Full cycle FP&A leadership, including development and presentation of Server Infrastructure's quarterly forecasts, annual budget, and long-range plan
- Partner closely with Infrastructure and Finance executive leadership and operational teams to identify and evaluate strategic investment opportunities, drive resource prioritization and provide ad hoc decision support as required
- Advise business leadership on opportunities and risks impacting business performance
- Initiate process improvements and enhance current tools/systems related to forecasting, reporting and analytics
- 12+ years of finance-related experience
- Experience working in the technology industry, with knowledge in the key technology areas or similar
- Experience building cross-functional relationships and partnering with senior organizational leadership
- Analytical experience and experience in compiling business cases and translating data into information
- Communication experience
- Management experience in leading teams
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with server infrastructure, capital planning and tech ops
- Work experience in financial planning and analysis, investment banking and/or consulting
- Advanced financial modeling skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top