Finance Associate - Instagram
- San Francisco, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Finance and Business Planning is a highly mission driven organization - our mission is to enable Facebook to plan, prioritize, and execute as effectively as possible. We take a uniquely long-term view towards business problems. It is critical that we operate with an independent and objective perspective, and are comfortable representing our point of view to our partners and executive stakeholders. We serve as financial advisers to our business partners and own shared business goals and results where appropriate. We strive to balance our responsibility to support business partners with our responsibility to serve the long-term mission and sustainability of Facebook Inc. and act as stewards of company resources.This role requires strategic thinking, building connections and influencing stakeholdersthrough effective communication, an analytical mindset, and a bias towards action. You will bechallenged to understand and contribute to rapidly changing business models, drivecollaboration across teams, develop recommendations on strategic investment decisions, craftannual and long range plans, and partner with product and business leaders to solve problemsand achieve goals. You will gain invaluable experience in a position that offers significant responsibility, interaction with product and business leaders, and an opportunity to have a big impact.
- Support strategic decisions via data analysis
- Help build annual and long range investment outlooks
- Develop and present objective Finance recommendations to stakeholders
- Work cross functionally with a broad set of Product and Business managers and leaders
- Ensure expense trends are well understood via regular reporting and analysis and develop accurate forecasts to drive accountability and to inform investor guidance
- 3+ years of experience in business strategy or finance
- Experience building financial models with high degree of accuracy
- Experience synthesizing data insights and problem solving
- Experience working in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Experience with financial planning tools such as Hyperion Essbase or similar
- Experience with SQL and reporting tools such as Tableau
Back to top