Field Technical Principal
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Field Technical Principal to assist in the support of their IT Operations services within EMEA. Reporting to the Field Operations Manager this position is responsible for maintaining a quality IT service and driving change for the business across our brand of companies (Facebook, internet.org, Oculus). Our goal is to deliver excellent technical/non-technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction and timeliness. This position is part of the IT Organisation, as such candidates must be passionate about technology, live for amazing customer service and have the ability to thrive in fast paced, high-pressure environment. A diverse and flexible skill set is required for supporting a wide set of IT services such as AV/VC, Events, Server, Networking, etc.This is a full-time position based in our London, UK office.
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer focus and collaborative working for incidents and problems that are presented and escalated, as well as when necessary, being the first point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organisation's desktop computing and application system environment (whether locally or remotely).
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely manner ensuring clear and effective communication throughout the cycle of support, providing end-user assistance where required.
- Using performance reporting and user analysis to identify appropriate user training initiatives to ensure the highest levels of knowledge and adoption of technology in relation to the software and systems that Facebook utilise.
- A stakeholder for driving enhancements and improving support for all IT
- Drive internal communication and priority within the business and Facebook headquarters to ensure constancy across organization
- Project manage field specific components related to operational goals (new offices, office relocations, mergers & acquisitions)
- Available to travel to other Facebook locations globally to support offices and wider IT teams
- Proven relationship skills that carry across the technical spectrum and multiple geographical locations
- Participate with 3rd parties in the developing and maintaining service level agreements
- Proficient in new product / service releases and stay on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Ability to provide engaging, informative, well-organized evidential feedback where required
- Observe and comply with Facebook's policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and Equality and Diversity. Continually promote equal opportunities, health and safety and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives
- Develop and nurture strong customer relationships with key business stakeholders to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for Facebook.
- Provide customer service expertise that is an example to the rest of your team in how to deliver customer focused service and constantly drive improvements in the 'customer experience'
- Minimum 3 years experience in supporting Apple Mac and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge and support of iPhone iOS and Android mobile operating systems
- Experience in working with Munki packages and Splunk reporting advantageous
- Translate business and technical needs across EMEA and drive solution delivery
- Leverage knowledge of business applications to influence service owner priorities and drive change through consensus building
- Able to adapt to shifting organizational structures and matrix reporting with focus on driving support services
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of applications / business processes
- Manage issue resolution including prioritization on time sensitive problems and escalations within corporate environments
- Dedicated, passionate and experienced in growing / scaling an IT organization, keeping pace with Facebook's explosive growth
- Experience working within a progressive IT support organization and experience providing remote support with world-class customer service and interaction skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills on technologically complex issues
- Ability to work proficiently with minimal daily guidance
- Ability to travel within EuropeCompetitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Benefits
- Gym Benefits
- Transport benefits
- Laundry Benefit Posted: 13th July 2017Closing date: 11th August 2017
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top