Field Operations Manager, Enterprise Engineering
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Field Operations Manager is responsible for the quality of the overall EE service delivery. The position is seen as an EE leader and will be a people management role, therefore strong interpersonal skills are a must. In this position, it is expected the person will understand the business being supported in order to ensure deep contextual feedback to EE service line and EE Application development teams based in the Menlo Park headquarters. The ideal candidate must have strong cross-functional technical skills including but not limited to PC/Mac desktop support, networking, audio/visual and video conferencing support and project delivery. This position is part of the EE Organisation, as such candidates must be passionate about technology, live for amazing customer service and have the ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Manages the field technical team resources across large or multiple regions/ locations, including line management of FTE resources.
- Anticipates future growth and advises on resource needs. Ensure EE staffing of both the field staff and service lines is matched with customer demand.
- Provides input to goal setting for Field EE Organization & puts in place measurements tracking performance against goals.
- Effective management and prioritization of all EE escalations and works with service teams to see issues to end resolution.
- Establish strong relationships with EE Service owners (helpdesk, logistics, AV/VC, Event Operations, Corporate Networking, Infrastructure, SalesApp support) and the business (sales, marketing, engineering, HR, finance etc.) Understands roadmaps and applications. Owns gaps in services.
- Performs service reviews with reports and XFN partners
- Works with Techs and Leads to understand the needs of customers in the region and ensures operational resources and integrity are aligned with these needs
- Responsible for solving issues, driving enhancements, and improving support for all EE related functions: operational support, application support, and service delivery
- Maintain highest service quality possible for all EE operational activities
- Provide data-driven advice to EE service owners and leads when it comes to regional business trends and needs.
- Identify trending issues, gaps in process or standards, and shares with cross-functional teams
- Gather business insights on where EE can drive more business impact
- Management of vendor/supplier relationships in the developing and maintaining of service level agreements and ongoing management of service level compliance and assist in driving the support knowledge base
- Develop, coordinate and lead local and worldwide EE projects and initiatives.
- Drive communication and priority within the business and global teams to ensure consistency across the organization
- Provide FDOB leadership
- Prepare the office for new product/service releases and stay on the forefront of emerging industry practices, ensuring compliance with EE security and general controls
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, CIS or equivalent technical work experience
- 12+ years experience in support & troubleshooting Windows & Mac OS platforms (Mac OSX 10.7+, Windows 7, Windows 8 or above) including mobile devices running Apple iOS & Android OS flavors
- 5+ years of experience in supporting one or more EE infrastructure areas such as Networking, Firewalls, Active Directory, LDAP, DB fundamentals, and backup/storage
- 5+ years experience in an advanced user-facing support position(s)
- 5+ years people management experience
- Experience dealing with offshore resources including 3rd party support vendors
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of applications/business processes
- Ability to synthesize business and technical needs across locations and drive solution delivery
- Manage issue resolution including prioritization on time-sensitive problems and escalations with corporate
- Dedicated, passionate and experienced in growing/scaling an EE organization, keeping pace with Facebook's explosive growth
- Ability to travel within the US and internationally
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top