Fiber Delivery Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's global network comprised of cutting-edge platforms is looking for a Fiber Delivery Engineer to drive key milestones for our critical backbone infrastructure. You will work closely with multiple external vendors, set and manage key performance indicators, and collaborate with internal supporting groups to deliver on infrastructure target dates. A Fiber Delivery Engineer must have lifecycle and supply chain knowledge of fiber deployment, including planning, delivery, and performance, critical analytical skills, and be detail oriented.
- Collaborate with sourcing team on vendor relationships and key contract requirements including fiber planning
- Manage vendor relationships and key milestones for infrastructure on-time delivery
- Manage fiber acceptance for performance characteristics, including Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer analysis
- Drive metric driven quarterly business vendor reviews
- Report on key metrics for infrastructure products: On-time performance, Vendor performance, Financial monthly and yearly activated services
- Collaborate across cross-functional teams to synchronize fiber deployment schedule with and fiber acceptance
- 5+ years experience in network deployment fiber infrastructure projects
- Experience in terrestrial fiber network design and technology
- Certification or a proven track record in project management techniques and tools (e.g. PMP)
- Experience with engaging vendors on aspects of network design, planning and construction, in the North American market
- Vendor management experience
- Experience in relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional teams
- Experience with long haul networks.
Back to top