Failure Analysis Technician
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As a Failure Analysis Technician at Oculus, you will partner with Failure Analysis, Quality and Reliability Engineering to support failure analysis activities for Development, Sustaining and Field Returned products. You will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of failure analysis tools and equipment in the Oculus Failure Analysis lab.
- Perform detailed root cause analysis on system and component failures during New Product Development and Sustaining phases of product lifecycle.
- Maintain a database for FRACAS related failure analysis data
- Participate in DFMEA/PFMEA process
- Prepare detailed and concise technical reports documenting failure analysis methodology and findings
- Manage the FA Lab space and equipment
- Create and maintain detailed test procedure documentation
- Associate Degree or higher in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or equivalent discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a FA Lab
- Knowledge of mechanical design, material science, and failure mechanisms of consumer electronics
- Knowledgeable of industry test standards including ASTM, MIL, JEDEC, and IEEE
- Knowledgeable of failure analysis techniques including optical microscopy, X-Ray, CT scan, Cross-sectioning, SEM, EDX, and FTIR
- Timely execution of tasks to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment while maintaining an attention to detail
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top