Facility Technical Manager
- Los Lunas, NM
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Facility Technical Manager to join our Data Center Facility Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Facility Technical Manager will build and manage a team of Subject Matter Experts (electrical, mechanical, and building controls), and will serve as the point of contact for stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be experienced in an array of diverse subjects, such as electrical generation, electrical distribution, mechanical cooling technologies, fire suppression systems, and building automation controls. The responsibilities of this role include management of a technical team, coordination and prioritization of a wide range of projects and processes within the site, and communication of issues with various teams at the site. This position reports directly to the Facility Manager.
- Build, develop, and lead a team of Subject Matter Experts (SME) to provide technical support to the critical operations team.
- Coordinate the support of projects, meet deadlines, assign resources, monitor and summarize progress of multiple projects simultaneously, identify risks to facility or task completion to the Facilities Manager.
- When campus size dictates: Hire, develop, and manage a Project Manager/Coordinator to support and oversee various sized construction and multi-phased data center projects.
- Communicate plans and progress of all projects to the Facility Manager, Critical Operations Manager, Critical Facility Managers, and other appropriate stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the Facility Operations site leadership team to provide technical and project-related support where needed.
- Support commissioning efforts of new data center builds as directed by the Facilities Manager.
- Work with members across the organization to prioritize SME support.
- Work directly with the Facilities Manager to assist in procuring owner-supplied equipment and services directly with the Procurement team.
- Occasional travel to Data Centers and vendors as required.
- 2+ years experience directly managing a team.
- 2+ years project management experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning.
- Familiar with Electrical, Mechanical, and Fire Protection Systems.
- Experience conversing on project status.
- Knowledge of building codes and safety standards including fire protection regulations.
- Experience with MS Office applications, FTP, file sharing and collaborative web based applications.
- Education in project management preferred.
- 5+ years project management experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning preferred.
- 5+ years experience in a data center or other critical operations environment preferred.
Back to top