Facility Technical Manager
(New Albany, OH)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Facility Technical Manager to join our Data Center Facility Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Facility Technical Manager will build and manage a team of Subject Matter Experts (electrical, mechanical, and building controls), and will serve as the point of contact for stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be experienced in an array of diverse subjects, such as electrical generation, electrical distribution, mechanical cooling technologies, fire suppression systems, and building automation controls. The responsibilities of this role include management of a technical team, coordination and prioritization of a wide range of projects and processes within the site, and communication of issues with various teams at the site. This position reports directly to the Facility Manager.
- Build, develop, and lead a team of Subject Matter Experts (SME) to provide technical support to the critical operations team.
- Coordinate with Building Chiefs and the Facilities Manager to provide support where needed.
- Work with members across the organization to prioritize SME support.
- Support and oversee various sized construction and multi-phased data center projects by communicating issues as they arise.
- Coordinate the support of projects: meet deadlines, assign resources, monitor and summarize progress of multiple projects simultaneously, identify risks to facility or task completion to the Facilities Manager.
- Support commissioning of work through the SME team along with all final documentation needs.
- Work directly with the Facilities Manager to assist in procuring owner-supplied equipment and services directly with the Procurement team.
- Travel to Data Centers and vendors as required
- 2+ years experience directly managing a team.
- 2+ years project management experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning.
- 5+ years experience in a data center or other critical operations environment.
- Familiar with Electrical, Mechanical and Fire Protection Systems
- Ability to become familiar with Data Center standards, knowledgeable in building codes and safety standards including fire protection regulations
- Experience with MS Office applications, FTP, file sharing and collaborative web-based applications.
- 5+ years project management experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning
- Experience with relational databases.
- Education in Project Management
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top