Facility Support Manager
(New Albany, OH)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Facility Support Manager to join our Data Center Facility Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Facility Support Manager leads and manages a team to provide essential support functions to the broader Facility Operations team on site. The ideal candidate will possess data center/corporate real-estate/hospitality experience with exposure to and awareness of critical operations or other similar environments (e.g. hospital), or have experience as a 3rd party manager to critical operations. This position will be at our data center in New Albany, OH.
- Develop, mentor, and manage an onsite Facility Support Team: Process Coordinator, Computerized Maintenance Management System Coordinator, and Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Manage the on-site, third-party, Facility Operations staffing contract including: budget execution, quarterly business reviews, contractor provisioning, single point of contact, work quality, and coordination
- Manage non- critical operations facility projects (i.e.: site restoration work, parking lot/roadway projects, fence projects, interior finish upgrades, etc.)
- Coordinate all external vendors providing service to the site (i.e.: site access, scheduling, scope of work, quality, budget, etc.)
- Serve as main point of contact for external agencies (facility insurer, city utilities, regulatory agencies, USGBC, etc.)
- Manage non- critical operations facility upkeep/repair (e.g. furniture, kitchen equipment, doors/security)
- Plan and coordinate vendor activities site-wide across teams (i.e.: coordinate work area requirements for multiple vendors onsite)
- Implement and lead a coordinated scheduling process for the site's Facility Operations team
- Act as point of contact for execution of the site's Facility Operations budget
- Collaborate with peers across regions to ensure best practices are shared and implemented
- Ensure documentation is maintained for compliance with all government and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal direction
- Experienced in budget management
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced, hands-on, start-up environment
- Experienced in project management
- Experienced in vendor management and negotiations
- Communication skills
- 5+ years experience in facilities management or corporate real-estate
- 3+ years experience people management
- Experience working in a critical-operations environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top