Facility Project Engineer
- Fort Worth, TX
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Facilities Project Engineer to join our data center facility operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Facilities Project Engineer (FPE) is responsible for the execution of critical infrastructure retrofits in our data centers, including planning, scheduling, cost management, and closeout. The candidate will be expected to work cross-functionally, using strong interpersonal skills to partner with general contractors and internal teams in the delivery of projects.
- Project management responsibilities overseeing construction efforts during facility operation shut-down periods to include schedule and cost management, risk mitigation, safety oversight, field coordination and performance management of General Contractor and trade partners.
- Participation and application of Facebook's environmental health and safety plan on all projects onsite with vendors and trade partners.
- Assist the project manager in development of project request for proposals, contract drafts and execution of purchase orders.
- Assists Facility Project Manager and Facebook Construction Manager to develop and review schedules, identify resource constraints, and mitigate schedule risks. Coordinate resource loaded schedules with project scheduler.
- Coordinate daily project work with onsite work efforts including maintenance and projects in conjunction with general contractors and site staff.
- Oversee the preparation, maintenance, and implementation of various document control entities such as project reports, material procurement tracking, submittals, as-builts, RFIs, contractor cost proposals, closeout documents, and change orders.
- Distribution of drawings, changes, submittals, RFIs, and other information to all affected internal partners.
- Assist in project prioritization efforts with internal partners.
- Submit, track, and update project work orders in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Track general contractor's work procedure development and ensure timely submission/approval prior to work execution.
- Lead the closeout effort for projects ensuring strong document turnover in accordance with Facility Operations processes.
- Prepare agendas, meeting minutes, and associated documents for meetings.
- Coordinate with maintenance vendors on maintenance plans and logistics in close partnership with our Maintenance Planning Coordinator.
- Collaborate with a variety of cross-functional partners to ensure strong communication across the site and accurate data sharing.
- Work with cross functional partners to develop scope and integrated project schedules to deconflict project work during operations shut down windows.
- Track project learnings, drive corrective actions and facilitate after-action review exercises to capture project learnings and improve our processes.
- 2+ years of experience in either construction or facility operations project management in a fast-paced, critical operations environment with short duration maintenance windows.
- Demonstrated experience in construction planning and scheduling, field coordination and meeting facilitation.
- Partnership skills with an experience to work across business lines and organizational layers through relationships and influence. Experience engaging, build credibility amongst, and facilitate a team of individual contributors and manager partners toward a central goal.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized work approach and experience to ruthlessly prioritize in a fast environment.
- Experience seeking out and resolving construction problems that arise during project development and execution phases.
- Data Center Experience
- Engineering or Construction Management Degree
- Experience with Primavera P6
Back to top