Facility Operations Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a leader to join our Data Center Operations team. The Facility Operations Manager will have a reputation for operational excellence, and will have the skills necessary to grow with this rapidly scaling team. This candidate needs to have a strong track record of thinking and planning strategically while executing tactically. The candidate will have strong technical, communication and team building skills and be adept at change management and information sharing across an organization. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. Building and operating data centers the 'right' way from the day they go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity, availability and capital conservation. The Data Center Facility Operations Manager will work with the management team to direct operations and maintenance of the data center. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse industries such as electrical generation, electrical distribution and cooling technologies and fire suppression systems. This position is full-time and will be based in Odense, Denmark.
- Point of contact for data center operations.
- Develop, mentor, and train a Facility Operations team that can sustain and self-perform services to support the physical plant infrastructure systems.
- Develop a long-range view to problem solving, hiring, and developing talent.
- Lead cross communications with Facility Manager counterparts at other sites, with the leadership team, and adjacent operating teams.
- Oversee automation system interface to ensure best possible data center performance is maintained.
- Direct the development and review of operational standards, sequence of operations (SOP), and method of procedures (MOP) for consistency and maximum system reliability.
- Support, coordinate, and monitor vendor activities, ensuring work activities meet scope of work and follow established procedures.
- Interface with internal Data Center Design team, Server Hardware team, and Environmental Health and Safety to support data center infrastructure augments as needed.
- Find creative solutions to support reduction of operational costs and maximization of infrastructure utilization.
- Maintain and support reporting to ensure the data center remains OSHA compliant.
- Acquire, maintain, and report on data needed to support LEED certification.
- Prepare facility operations post-incident reports, root cause analysis, and corrective action plans.
- Participate in the commissioning (Integrated System Test) for new and retrofitted data centers.
- Develop and review detailed scripts for Critical Infrastructure Maintenance (CIM).
- Support OPEX project budgets and business cases.
- Respond as needed to system after hours maintenance and system complications.
- 8+ years of management of technology operations, including critical operations, experience required.
- BS in Engineering preferred.
- Ability and desire to lead in a fast paced, hands-on, start up environment
- Highly experienced in personnel management, staffing, and scheduling for a 24/7 environment
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal direction
- Possess a strong track record of thinking strategically and executing tactically
- Experienced in project management
- Experienced in vendor management and negotiations
- High-level of knowledge and understanding of data center power and cooling infrastructure
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards, including NFPA and ASHRAE
- Strong trouble shooting and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to provide solutions to complex projects under pressure
- A positive, service-oriented attitude
- Approximately 25% travel required
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top