Facebook Reality Labs Product Design Engineer
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is building products that make it easier for you to connect with the ones you love. We are a diverse team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the convergence of hardware, software, and social value. The team has the responsibility of taking breakthrough concepts and delivering them to the world at scale. We are seeking a Product Design Engineer who has experience in consumer electronics.
- End-to-end ownership of full product and/or module architecture from concept through launch. Collaborate with program management, industrial design, user experience, component module, and supply chain teams.
- Drive road map for materials, manufacturing processes, and/or mechanism design.
- Leverage overseas teams (ODM/JDM/CM) to maximize the focus of our internal resources on adding value and differentiation to our products.
- Establish and refine product design process, best practices, and/ or tools for the organization.
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- 3+ years of experience in consumer electronics or related fields
- Experience in mobile mechanical product design, mechanical system architecture, prototype validation, and new product introduction (NPI)
- Experience leading technical teams, cross-functional groups, and overseas manufacturers
- Demonstrated experience in plastic and metal part design
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, geometric tolerancing, and 3D/2D CAD
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- Experience with integrating component modules (AMOLED displays, batteries, camera modules, etc.), interconnect (FPC design and ACF bonding), and/or Integration of wireless antenna (GSM, GPS, Wifi, LTE) into mechanical enclosures
- 3+ years of experience in mobile mechanical product design, mechanical system architecture, prototype validation, and new product introduction (NPI)
- Experience in NX/Teamcenter
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top