Facebook Reality Labs Lead Systems Electrical Engineer
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, content, and health. Our team has the responsibility for taking breakthrough concepts and delivering them to market at scale. We are seeking a Lead Systems Electrical Engineer who has experience in consumer electronics and battery operated mobile products.
- Lead the design and development of complex systems for mass production in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Collaborate with Product management, Systems Engineering, and other cross functional teams to assess viability of new product features and put together an electrical architecture for the product.
- Collaborate with system program management to assess and develop project schedule and milestones as well as identify risks and mitigation plan.
- Select major components, design, implement, debug and characterize embedded systems with end-to-end ownership of EE product design from concept to production.
- Design schematics, drive board layouts, assembly, test, debug, and integrate designs into electro-mechanical systems.
- Optimize architecture and circuits for performance, power/signal integrity, and battery life.
- Drive resolution of technical issues by working with the cross-functional teams, such as, Mechanical, SW, Technology teams, Quality/Reliability, CM/JDM, and vendors.
- Lead lab measurements and factory test debug as needed to validate the design and resolve any issues.
- Track test progress, bugs, and fixes and drive changes to design based on resolution.
- Work closely with CM/JDM resources to leverage their engineers and maximize the focus of internal resources on adding value to and differentiating our product.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in consumer electronics or related fields
- 10+ years of experience in embedded or mobile system design based on SOCs, hardware architecture, board design, board bring-up and product NPI experience
- Experience and knowledge of printed circuit board (PCB) technologies, such as rigid, flex, hybrid, HDI, etc.
- Knowledge of the relationship between physical layout and electrical performance
- Experience leading technical teams, cross-functional groups and vendors against project plans
- Familiarity with typical consumer electronics product development lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience bringing new product categories to market
- Expert in one or more subsystems in typical consumer electronics products such as camera, display, audio, SOC/Compute, sensors, power etc.
- Experience performing bench level measurements for high speed signal and power
- Experience leveraging technical and product development experience and strong cross-collaboration relationships to influence product direction
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top