Facebook Reality Labs, Hardware Engineer
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs team is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. Our team has the responsibility for taking breakthrough concepts and delivering them to market at scale. AR Product Hardware MPK team actively participates in concept development and design ideation of cutting edge technologies. The team is responsible for rapidly building and iterating polished high-fidelity prototypes and development platforms that bring new ideas to life by expressing design intent and user experience - using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task. We are seeking a Hardware Engineer who has a passion for working across disciplines to turn early cutting edge concepts and technologies into reality. As a Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for systems architecture, design of new concepts, technologies and product development.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, debugging and testing of embedded systems which combine electronics, mechanics, optics and software with end-to-end ownership of product design from concept to launch
- Building schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into opto-electro-mechanical systems
- Collaborating in a team environment with cross-functional teams such industrial design, architecture, product design, NPI, research and supply chain
- Specifying components
- Transforming vendor reference designs into custom solutions
- MSEE with 5+ years of experience or BSEE with 7+ years of experience in consumer product design
- 5+ years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, system bring-up, integration, and debug
- Experience with low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, audio circuit design, and analog design
- Experience with processor architecture, digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Experience with mixed-signal board-level design
- Experience integrating RF technologies such as WIFI, BT, GPS, etc.
- Experience leading and driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly
- Experience partnering with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms
- Demonstrated domain knowledge in compute & systems development, proven track record in building advanced technology & product development
- Strong collaborator, excellent communication skills with experience managing cross-team and cross-geography collaboration, experience managing by influence
- Experience with embedded devices
- Experience with cameras and optical systems
- Experience with Android/Linux systems
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top