Facebook Reality Labs, DSP Audio Algorithm Engineer
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
AR/VR Audio Tech brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The team will apply breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a DSP Audio Algorithm Engineer who has experience in evaluating and developing audio algorithms for productization of complex consumer electronic devices.
- Develop World Class Audio Enhancement algorithms for communications, Always On Assistant, and music enhancement in MATLAB, Floating Point, and Fixed Point languages
- Define, design, develop and debug real-time audio system software for forward looking products and user experiences
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies
- Identify, evaluate and drive third party algorithm vendors
- Generate novel, innovative solutions to some of the toughest problems in audio
- Familiarity with various DSP platforms and the trade-offs of embedded implementations
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated understanding of how end-to-end audio systems work including transducers, audio ICs, acoustics, embedded DSPs, etc.
- 10+ years experience creating efficient real-time audio algorithms
- Demonstrated communication skills and experience working across disciplines to drive optimal solutions
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years experience of Fixed Point and Floating point Audio Algorithm development into embedded DSP's and ARM cores
- Experience in Acoustics and Consumer Audio EE Architecture
- Experience shipping millions of embedded audio DSP products
- Experience with porting and optimizing C code to a target platform
- Experience in any of the following areas: Echo Controls, Multi mic noise reduction, Speech Intelligibility Enhancement, HRTF Surround Sound, Speaker Arrays, Microphone beamforming
- Experience using Embedded Low Footprint machine learning and application of machine learning techniques to music enhancement algorithms
Back to top