Facebook Platform Lead, Consumer Marketing
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook, you'll join a talented team of marketers covering all Facebook product and consumer brand marketing for our massive community of users and developers. Our goal is to give emerging technology marketing leaders opportunities for impact, personal and professional development, and mentoring. We're looking for a highly motivated self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, results-driven environment as part of the Communications Planning & Media Investment team within Consumer Marketing. Qualified candidates must be a detail-oriented, data-driven professional to join us in building the Facebook Media Buying discipline. The ideal candidate should have a passion for leveraging data to understand scalable drivers of impact for Facebook marketing and implement strategic marketing strategies, solving complex problems through technical and analytical excellence, and project managing multiple streams of work and people. You should have a deep understanding of Facebook, our advertising tools, and our advertising philosophy.This person will serve as Co-Lead and strategic thought partner who will manage the team responsible for media buying and stewardship of Facebook Consumer Marketing Initiatives on Facebook properties from campaign strategy, execution, optimization, technical troubleshooting and reporting with sustained focus on efficiency and scalability. This position will manage the implementation of marketing initiatives, diligently applying and improving upon best practices for media strategy, creative and measurement to deliver meaningful impact for the Facebook brand and products.
- Co-lead and mentor a team of social media planning and operational experts. Build team culture and practices, manage the work, and be responsible for the output and results of the team.
- Lead the team responsible for setup and execution of successful marketing campaigns for Facebook Brand and Consumer Products, owning all aspects of campaign set up, optimization, troubleshooting, and reporting, with a sustained focus on efficiency and scalability. Partner closely with internal stakeholders such as Communications Planning, Product Engineering, Ads Products, Decision Science, and Creative.
- Lead portfolio-level workstreams across Facebook's Family of Apps including but not limited to: budget management, complex campaign tracking and testing, creative and media optimization.
- Spearhead cross-functional teams across Sales, Creative, Marketing Insights, Decision Science and Product Marketing to develop shared goals and deliver impact to the Facebook enterprise.
- Identify testing opportunities, and develop roadmaps for consumer marketing efforts.
- Leverage large and abstract datasets to identify scalable drivers of impact for the business.
- Identify and manage opportunities for Facebook ads product team to further develop our ad platform, tools, and guidelines based on business insights.
- Own resolution of technical challenges, by collaborating with internal product/engineering teams.
- Project manage complex work streams and initiatives across marketing objectives and business units.
- Stay abreast of key media and advertising trends and innovations across Facebook platforms to bring to future product marketing campaigns and potentially expand the scope of marketing efforts.
- Streamline processes and build scalable solutions to support a number of Marketing campaigns across brand and product.
- Continue to build the team's identity and establish working relationships with the brand and product marketing team.
- BA/BS degree.
- 8+ years experience in digital media with specialization of buying on social media platforms particularly Facebook properties.
- Proven track record to lead and mentor high performing teams.
- At least 4 years experience managing and developing people and teams.
- Experience with digital advertising platforms, having crafted media solutions that drive positive outcomes.
- Experience building relationships with cross-functional groups and influencing outcomes across multiple levels of management, teams and disciplines.
- Experience with A/B testing and marketing effectiveness measurement methodologies and technologies.
- Experience with direct response and brand marketing, data and technology solutions, advertising technology, and/or advertising partnerships.
- Organization and project management experience.
- Microsoft Excel experience (e.g. pivot tables, advanced formulas, macros).
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Marketing, Business, Statistics, or a related field.
- Experience managing large global scale ad campaigns using Ads Manager and/or a Facebook Marketing Partner's platform.
- Professional experience at a media agency or ad tech firm.
- Understanding of mobile creative best practices.
Back to top