Executive Support Technician
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an Executive Support Technician to provide world-class support to our executive team. This person will be responsible for delivering and supporting the latest technology while maintaining a high level of reliability. To be successful, this person must show initiative, be motivated by technology and customer service, and have great attention to detail. Excellent communication skills are required and frequently utilized in this position.
- Influence and collaborate with other technical teams in the pursuit of resolving complex technical issues.
- Create and execute detailed plans around executive-level projects resulting in highly effective and efficient delivery of technical solutions.
- Establish trust and maintain a high level of confidentiality for all VIP Operation activities/tasks.
- Innate understanding of urgency and the escalation of issues quickly when appropriate.
- Establish relationships cross functionally to drive escalations to closure.
- Perform software and hardware configuration across diverse platforms.
- Setup and support mobile devices including both Android and iPhone.
- Recommend new and upgraded technologies based on industry trends that would increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the executive team.
- Contribute to various forms of documentation (Processes, Policies, Training Material, Quick Reference Guides, Knowledge base articles).
- Provide Audio/Video conference support for onsite/offsite presentations, events, and meetings.
- Execute with security being the number one priority without causing blockers or reduced productivity.
- Assist with internal process improvements.
- Travel internationally to provide Executive support on occasion.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support in an on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise IT support.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting Windows & Mac OS, Apple iOS and Android.
- 2+ years of experience working directly with Executive and Director level employees.
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange (EMC), Outlook Web Access and Office 365.
- Experience with client-side troubleshooting of network services (i.e. DNS, DHCP, and certificate-based authentication).
Back to top