Executive Sous Chef
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is currently seeking an Executive Sous Chef Chef to join our Culinary Team based in Dublin. The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for the leadership of the kitchen by managing and overseeing the activities of the entire kitchen. Directly supervises all kitchen personnel with the responsibility for hiring, training, employee development. The Sous Chef will also conduct performance evaluations and salary recommendations. As a Sous Chef you will be held accountable for the execution of your shift over all operation in sync with the Chef. Promoting constant harmony and positive, constructive communication with the café in order to move forward in establishing a pleasant workplace is also the duty of the Sous chef. Full Time Monday-Friday.
- Has knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production sanitation, food cost controls, and presentations
- Skills in preparation and cooking a variety of foods
- Oversees menu development, food quality through purchasing organic products, multi-cultural cuisine, kosher foods, etc
- Ensures satisfactory menu item presentations, i.e. lunch, corporate, and catering events
- Maintain high standards by establishing food specifications and adhering to those specifications via recipes, portion control, presentation, and sanitation
- Responsible for production according to recipes/directions
- Develops menus, plans, cooks, and manages breakfast, lunch, and dinner for employees daily
- Possess ability to supervise and or assign training for kitchen staff
- Establishes, manages, and maintains all vendor relationships
- Consult with Facebook's catering/Event Coordinator on a weekly basis as well as with other departments if necessary
- Other duties may be necessary
- Culinary school graduate
- 4-5 years' experience as a Sous Chef
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Previous management preferred
- Solid track record of success in previous assignments/operation
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top