Executive Protection Specialist
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Executive Protection Specialist to work full time on a dynamic Executive Protection team. The role is broad and involves strong operational, strategic, and interpersonal skills. EP Specialists interface with employees and support staff across multiple teams within and outside of Facebook. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the Principles of Protection, that will allow them to think independently, make constructive recommendations for program improvements, and problem solve quickly. We are looking for a customer service oriented individual that is diligent, detail-oriented, proactive, works very well both independently and in a team, and has demonstrated excellent judgment and decision making skills. This is a full time position reporting to the Executive Protection Manager and is located in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Well versed in protection strategies, tactics, and technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and customer service mentality.
- Strong communication skills to include: listening, precision questioning.
- Strong project management skills to include: organization, communications, documentation, and cross group collaboration.
- Maintain a high level of physical fitness.
- Adhere to privacy and confidentiality guideline and policies.
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
- Engages and inspires others, sought out for expertise, assistance and mentor-ship.
- Inclusive and respectful in working with others, and conveys a sense of trust and integrity.
- Effectively interface with Principals on tactical questions regarding the detail.
- Can bring forward ideas to improve the program and, with oversight, can effectively execute.
- 6+ years of experience in Executive Protection, protection of individuals, or similar assignment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience in organizing complex international trips for high profile individuals
- Experience in solving complex logistical problems, or leading a team of agents
- Ability to multi-task with a calm sense of urgency
- Ability to analyze information, determine contexts, take appropriate action, and choose the correct course of action.
- Ability to give clear, concise direction
- Comfortable communicating, presenting and fielding questions from Executives and their staff
- Able to adapt and maintain flexibility and productivity in a changing environment
- National and international travel will be required, in addition to some night and weekend assignments
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top