Executive Communications Manager, Social Media
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an Executive Communications Manager, Social Media to join it's Executive and Consumer Communications team.
In this role, you will work on supporting the social media presence of executives. You'll help craft the tone and content of executives on social media and shape content for our company brand.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly organized, a strong writer and a keen creative eye. As part of a proactive high-performing team, the successful candidate will work in a fast-moving media environment and have a good understanding of the social media landscape and up-to-the-minute trends. They will collaborate well with colleagues from across Facebook to vet information and social opportunities. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
- Work with cross-functional teams to build out an editorial calendar of product and policy updates for executives
- Write executive messaging and copy for social channels
- Help craft messaging for statements and public remarks as needed
- Keep an eye on the pulse of the media landscape, especially at the intersection of culture and technology, to identify and surface reactive opportunities on social media
- Coordinate multiple stakeholders to ensure consistent messaging and copy on social
- Brainstorm and implement creative social media strategies to build engagement and reach
- Help develop unique creative (video, images, text) to best reflect the tone and style authentic to the executive
- Counsel and work directly with executives
- 8+ years experience in communications
- Experience managing communications on social platforms
- Experience in creating and editing for C-suite leadership
- Experience working cross-functionally with communications, marketing, creative, legal, and policy teams
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- 10+ years experience in communications
- Experience managing executive level communications
- Experience in product communications
- Experience working on political campaigns in a social media capacity
- Experience researching and developing content from internal and external resources
- Crisis communications and reactive messaging experience
- Experience working at a technology company
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top