Events Lead, Recruiting
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
This role is part of the Recruiting Operations and Programs Team, and will help drive our global employment brand and candidate engagement through customized, high-impact events. This position is based out of our Menlo Park, California office.
- Manage the annual event strategy, logistics and execution for the infrastructure, security, hardware and computer vision recruiting events: including contracts, swag, hotel blocks, design, etc.
- Own the recruiting events budget and calendar, team communications and briefings, plus the post-event reporting and analysis
- Manage relationships with key partners that ensure the success of recruiting events
- Partner closely with Facebook teams and around the world to manage consistent event and branding processes
- Ability to take direction and input to develop effective event strategies that are engaging, innovative and will achieve the organizational and brand goals
- Work closely with business partners to consistently refine processes and assess opportunities for improvement - including the recruiting team, Facebook leadership, and cross-functional partners
- Point of contact for general operations and program inquiries from tech recruiters
- Manage a small team of 1 coordinator and 2 senior event associates
- 8+ years of experience managing large scale events
- Analytical and data-driven approach to solving problems
- Proven skills in event management, event production, and post-event analysis
- Ability to work through ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to interact with people of all levels, up to Directors/VP's
- Time management, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task across concurrent priority projects
- Ability to coach/mentor and lead a team, as well as being an influence on a global scale
- Self-directed and communication skills
- Customer satisfaction focus, interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with interdepartmental teams
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Programs, Adobe Photoshop, Keynote, Outlook, Event, and Registration Tools
- Ability to travel 20-25%
- Ability to work non-traditional hours to support various events, when needed
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top