Event Marketer, Workplace (Global Business Marketing)
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Workplace by Facebook is an enterprise communications platform that enables employees at any organisation to collaborate and communicate using many of the same features available on Facebook. Launched in 2016, Workplace is growing quickly, with thousands of companies around the world now using Workplace to connect their employees and work seamlessly across teams and geographies. To help with the ongoing growth of the Workplace business, we are seeking a world-class event marketer, who is passionate about Facebook and the role that communication and collaboration can play in improving the productivity and effectiveness of people in the workplace.
We are looking for an exceptional events marketer who will lead and manage overall event strategy for Workplace globally. You will be responsible for planning and executing events that express the value of the Workplace brand for business leaders and that support overall sales goals, marketing plans and key message before, during and after the event. You'll onboard and manage agency vendors and new team members as our team grows.The successful candidate will have a background that includes developing and producing events through solid positioning, messaging, event planning, contract negotiating, vendor management, team leadership and cross-functional relations, ideally within the B2B marketing and/or enterprise software space. This role will be part of a small but growing team, responsible for growing brand awareness and demand for Workplace around the world.
This is a full time position based in our London, UK location.
- Event strategy: Collaborate with Workplace Head of Marketing & leadership team to develop event strategies that include input from cross-functional teams and align with overall Workplace global business objectives
- Evaluate and report on events success as part of overall marketing & business goals
- Event programming: Work with cross-functional teams and Facebook's global events & industry team to ensure positioning, messaging, goals, deliverables, and tactics are achieved before, during, and after each respective event
- Ensure events deliver impact both at the messaging level as well as the client level
- Event production: Develop, up-level and produce event programs for specific Facebook advertising events, conferences and tradeshows that support sales team efforts
- Onboard agencies and vendors who can help us scale and support our local teams globally & develop scaled resources to enable local teams to be self-sufficient in producing client events
- Develop and review creative concepts for events and work with marketing teams, XFN and external partners to build and enhance programs
- Work with marketing and events partners including agencies, catering, security, live stream/video, registration, facilities, shipping, and other event logistics partners
- Foster feedback loop with cross-functional teams to continually measure event effectiveness - define and refine event metrics as part of overall marketing effectiveness
- Manage project timelines
- Collaborate with events marketing team to continually refine best practices and standards across Facebook, and then build on them for future event planning, execution and measurement
- Cultivate strong industry relationships with marketing partners and key vendors
- Work to incorporate our platform into all event experiences.
- 10+ years of events marketing experience, preferably in the enterprise, technology, or media industries - knowledge of the role of events in the B2B technology space is critical
- 5+ years working with cross-functional teams or stakeholders
- People management/team leadership experience preferred
- Direct experience programming and/or producing 1,000+ person events
- Proven experience managing presence for a major brand at large scale industry events and exhibitions
- Thorough understanding of marketing and the holistic role of events in the context of overall marketing strategy
- Exceptional project management experience & excellent eye for detail
- Ability to work across various levels of the organization while building trust and fostering collaboration
- Production experience from content programming to show management
- Solid experience managing complex projects and budgets
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines
- in a fast-moving start-up environment
- Familiarity with competitive event landscape
- Desire to consistently enhance events, bringing new creative and innovative ideas to the table
- Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Benefits
- Other Benefits Gym Pruhealth Partner Gyms
- Laundry Benefits, UK Holiday Calendar
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 25 Paid vacation days per year
- Posted: 26th July 2017
- Closing date: 24th August 2017
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top