Event Marketer, Global Event Programs
(Menlo Park, CA – New York, NY)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Millions of people use Facebook everyday to connect and share with the people, causes and brands they care about. Facebook also reaches thousands of marketers each year across all different types of events and experiences. You can play a key part in leading the strategy and implementation of these events on the Global Programs event marketing team.We are looking for an events marketer who will be part of the global event programs team leading events such as CES, MWC, Cannes and Advertising Week. You will be responsible for contributing to and executing individual events that support overall sales goals, marketing plans and key message before, during and after the event.The successful candidate will have a marketing industry background that includes developing and producing events through solid positioning, messaging, event planning, contract negotiating, and cross-functional relations that ensure Facebook is positioned as the strongest marketing platform in the world.This position is full-time and based out of our Menlo Park or New York offices.
- Event strategy:
- Collaborate with head of events marketing to develop event strategies that include input from cross-functional teams and align with overall Facebook strategy and branding
- Identify and research new major industry opportunities
- Evaluate and report on events success as part of overall business goals.
- Event programming:
- Work with cross-functional teams and head of events to ensure positioning, messaging, goals, deliverables, and tactics are achieved before, during, and after each respective event
- Ensure events deliver impact both at the messaging level as well as the client level.
- Event production
- Develop, up level and produce event programs for specific Facebook advertising events, conferences and tradeshows that support sales team efforts
- Develop and review creative concepts for events and work with marketing teams and GMS partners to build and enhance programs
- Work with marketing and event partners on program logistics such as catering, security, live stream/video, registration, facilities and shipping
- Foster feedback loop with cross-functional teams to continually measure event effectiveness – define and refine event metrics as part of overall marketing effectiveness
- Manage project timelines
- Collaborate with events marketing team to continually refine best practices and standards across Facebook, and then build on them for future event planning, execution and measurement
- Cultivate strong industry relationships with marketing partners and key vendors
- Work to incorporate Facebook’s platform into all event experiences.
- 8+ years of events marketing experience
- 5+ years working with cross-functional teams or stakeholders
- Direct experience programming and/or producing up to 10,000+ person events
- Direct experience managing advertising industry events such as CES, Cannes, Advertising Week New York, Mobile World Congress, SXSW and dmexco.
- Understanding of client-side marketing and the holistic role of events in the context of overall marketing strategy
- Agency or wider experience across key marketer audiences (agency, brand, direct response)
- Project management experience
- Ability to work across various levels of the organization
- Production experience from content programming to show management
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with event landscape
- Detail oriented
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top