Event Manager, EMEA Regional Lead
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
This role is responsible for managing regional (EMEA) marketing events for Facebook's Global Marketing Events (GME) team and will report to the International lead. The role will work with the regional event managers, internal clients, and Facebook's suppliers to flawlessly execute events and ensure client expectations are met. This individual will lead Tier 1 events from start to finish, which includes: sourcing and management of event agencies, venues, caterers, and production vendors; accurately forecast needs and manage event budgets for promotional materials, catering, venues, and other event production needs; maintaining event registration lists and attendee communication; route invoices and record payments accurately into budget trackers; coordinating on-site vendors; ensure clients' needs are met throughout the entire event lifecycle. The regional lead will provide data on the region's strategic planning, management of bandwidth and resources and help to oversee the region's priorities. This role will interact with executive level clients and oversee some of Facebook's most impactful events in the region. This individual should be incredibly resourceful and flexible with the ability to respond quickly to event challenges.
- Must develop and execute integrated plan and logistics for each event, from initial planning to on-site event management and post event follow up.
- Source event agencies, vendors and needs, including hotels, off-site venues, caterers and others.
- Maintain accuracy and accountability of event budget, create event execution and work back plans, evaluate results against goals, deliver wrap-up reports, and generate learnings for improvement.
- Source requirements from executive teams and manage executive level events with superb attention to detail.
- 20-30% travel required throughout EMEA
- 5+ years managing events throughout EMEA
- Leadership experience with ability to adapt to changing environments and prioritization
- Experience in consumer and client relations, and management
- Customer service and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of working with executive level stakeholders
- Experience in creating and implementing timelines
- Project Management skills
- Communication skills with internal and external partners
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage and supervise onsite
- Tech event experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top