EU Regional Cost Controls Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Architecting, constructing, operating and continually innovating the infrastructure within our data centers is fundamental to ensuring high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust online service in the world!
Facebook is seeking a seasoned professional to join our EU Infrastructure Construction Management Team and Project Controls teams as a Regional Cost Controls Manager. The successful candidate will be based at our Dublin office and will collaborate closely with our regional leadership and preconstruction teams on post contract aspects of commercial management. The selected candidate will be extremely familiar with commercial practices in the EU region and a strong communicator who can manage a team of cost controls/ Quantity Surveying professionals.
- Manage, mentor and grow a team of Cost Controls (Quantity Surveying) Professionals that manage the post contract commercials for all EU projects.
- Responsible for all aspects of post contract commercial management of all regional projects, including Cost Reporting, Annual, Quarterly and Monthly Cashflow forecasts, exposure and risk tracking and be the main point of contact for project controls and EU ICM leadership.
- Monthly communication of Cost Controls Health (Financial, Forecast) and Risk for site to business functions and global leadership.
- Manage General Contractor relationships within region for Project Controls (programmatic initiatives, contractual issues, etc.). Responsible for validation of data, identification of Project Controls trends and opportunities for Quarterly and Annual Business Reviews with Contractors and Trade Partners in the region
- Responsible for the post contract QS services (consultant) vendor strategy and relationship management.
- Review & validation of Spend forecasts/Variance commentary for Cost of Work by validating against the construction schedules, as well as other cross functional stakeholders to manage the quarterly cashflow accuracy within required company thresholds.
- Oversee the proactive management of regional project budgets and interface with schedule manager to provide risk transparency ICM leadership and keep a dedicated focus on forecast accuracy.
- Main point of contact for regional accounting and legal teams for cost related queries and mitigate any strategic risks in the region. •Lead/ facilitate a sound risk management
- Lead/ facilitate a sound risk management process and collaborate with cross functional partners to identify risks and provide accurate transparency to the Business on any financial exposures.
- Benchmark against Operational Goals and Metrics & being the main point of contact for Preconstruction historical benchmarking in the EU region
- Partner with Global Cost and Project Controls Manager in driving global Project Controls Programmatic Initiatives (ex/, forecasting best practices, cash flow comparisons, etc.) in the region.
- Partner with site or regional leadership to respond to and mitigate claims or other commercial issues that manifest in the region.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, or equivalent technical degree and/or minimum of Fifteen (15) years direct professional experience in Commercial Management, Quantity Survey, Project controls or equivalent.
- Familiar with large capital programs, ground-up construction and greenfield site development as well as retrofit construction. International experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Project Controls: Quantity Survey, Cost forecasting, Scheduling, Change Management, Risk Management, Cash Flow, etc. in the EU region.
- Strong communication and coordination skills to lead a team of diverse backgrounds and experience towards a single project outcome.
- Construction Claims Management Experience is a plus
- Mission Critical/ Data Center experience is a plus
- E-Builder, Procore, P6 and Textura experience is a plus.
Back to top