Ethics, Safety, and Privacy Manager
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
In the AR/VR organization, we're building the next generation of computing devices to make people feel closer. This includes Oculus and Portal products, AR and VR software and content, and research and development labs. We are pushing technological boundaries with these services, and are committed to building them with ethics, safety and privacy in mind. As an Ethics, Safety, and Privacy Manager, you'll make sure we do so, by defining frameworks to ensure we are making decisions consistent with our values, contributing to long- and short-term product strategy, and evolving our organizational support models for ethics, safety and privacy.
- Drive the holistic strategy for AR/VR privacy, ethics, and safety for your area of product coverage (AR, VR, Assistant, Portal).
- Develop principles and implement frameworks for building privacy, safety, and ethics values into the product development process.
- Drive cross-functional consideration of privacy, safety, and ethics in new and existing features.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve tension between product objectives and organizational values.
- Help direct long-term goals of product and engineering teams as they relate to privacy, safety, and ethics.
- Identify opportunities for organizational growth and drive creative and scalable improvements.
- Build and manage relationships with leaders throughout the organization.
- Apply expertise in competitive landscape to privacy, safety, and ethics considerations in product development.
- Contribute to risk assessments and developing documented safeguards.
- Degree in public policy, law, or management or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in technology with an advanced degree or 10+ years experience in the tech sector with a bachelor's degree.
- Experience working in safety, privacy, policy, and/or ethics.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects (product, engineering, user research, legal, communications, policy).
- Experience influencing stakeholders and engineers.
- Experience presenting to and counseling executives.
- Experience presenting technical issues to engineers.
- Experience managing programs with minimal guidance.
- Experience producing guidance under deadlines.
- Advanced degree in public policy, law, or management.
- Experience in AR, VR, smart-home devices, or related fields.
- Management experience.
- CIPP certification.
Back to top