Escalations Specialist, Intellectual Property Operations
(Austin, TX - Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're the team that's responsible for managing reports surrounding Facebook's policies and procedures, complex legal issues and the changing landscape of free speech on the Internet. We are passionate about building trust and giving a clear voice to people. We are constantly balancing mitigating legal risk with making the world more open and connected, all the while scaling our operations to support Facebook's 1.8 billion users. To be successful on our team, you must be passionate about intellectual property and, ideally, how legal rights intersect with online communities. You must also be interested in complex, data-driven project management and working with legal teams to effectively anticipate and mitigate risk for operational work. You must be excited to approach problems as opportunities and you need the strategy skills to identify the right questions to ask in order to find the right solutions. You should be comfortable defending your ideas while remaining open-minded and flexible to feedback from cross-functional teams and experts.
As a member of the Escalations team, you are at the forefront in helping set the broader Intellectual Property Operations team up for success, enabling the team to move fast through your problem-solving sophistication, analytical savvy, and resourceful thinking.
- Be an expert on interpreting and enforcing Facebook's IP policies and use sound judgment, specific knowledge, signals and insights to drive scalable solutions to support Facebook and our users
- Review and process incoming reports of alleged legal rights infringement, as business need arises
- Provide high touch support and timely solutions to build long term relationships and trust across the customer and partner ecosystem
- Proactively investigate, troubleshoot, and drive our most sensitive and complex IP escalations to resolution, and communicate to XFN partners involved throughout the whole process. Serve as the primary communication channel on critical IP issues
- Identifies and strengthens XFN partners and effectively collaborates to achieve transparency, efficiency, and success
- Implement best-in-class escalations processes and practices for maintaining and exceeding productivity and quality service level agreements
- Partner with cross-functional teams to solve for areas of need with reports, coverage and tool improvements
- Be able to take action on reported content, and remain up to date on key workflow changes, policy updates and operational guidelines
- Review and assess non-traditional reporting flows for high-risk escalations
- Root cause all escalated requests and collaborate with the cross functional teams to drive continuous improvement to process, policy, product or quality in the interest of improving site and user experience
- Work on special projects as needed to scale the escalations function
- Please note that some non-traditional and/or flexible work hours will be required including weekends
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- 3+ years of experience in end to end project management and/or operations
- Prior experience with analytical tools (like Excel, SQL, or R)
- Prior experience dealing with high pressure escalations, grey areas and pulling in cross functional experts, when appropriate, to resolve issues swiftly while putting users first
- Knowledge of Facebook's suite of products
- Understanding of how the broader social media landscape is changing
- Prior experience thinking strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Proven ability to influence others without having positional authority
- Ability to work directly with global, cross-functional teams to problem solve and develop solutions
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top