Escalations Media Operations & Strategy, Risk & Response
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a member of the Risk and Response org, you are at the forefront of solving problems for Facebook, enabling the team to move fast through your problem-solving sophistication, analytical savvy, and resourceful thinking. The Media Escalations team is focused on high-touch escalations and scaled enforcement of Facebook's Community Standards for media partners and related stakeholders.
We're looking for a proactive, data-driven team player to partner with Content Policy, Partnerships, and relevant Escalations teams to drive solutions for an ever-expanding constituent base. We coordinate across these teams to identify and close gaps in content policy, maintain relationships with partner managers to improve the user experience, & investigate escalations related to the content and concerns of partners. We're looking for someone who thrives in ambiguity, remains committed to quality and efficiency in high-pressure situations, and communicates clearly and concisely. This is a full-time position in Menlo Park, California.
- Investigate reported escalations across multiple channels on Facebook and Instagram for media partners
- Respond to escalated user/press/partner inquiries with high quality, speed, and accuracy
- Use data to identify potential areas of risk as well as patterns at scale and across abuse types
- Synthesize investigative findings through reports and presentations that provide a coherent narrative assessment
- Develop and implement scalable solutions to support our global processes, including communications
- Develop a framework for prioritizing perceived community risks that need deeper investigation
- Quantify parameters and establish processes for data driven insights and workflow changes
- Interpret and enforce Facebook/Instagram Community Standards and policies
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve Community Standards enforcement, quality, reporting and tools
- Remain up-to-date on key workflow changes, operational guidelines, policy updates and Community Standards
- Collaborate with policy and product teams to drive continuous process improvements to improve user experience
- Address traumatic, sensitive and potentially offensive or controversial content
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 2+ years experience doing quantitative analysis (SQL and/or Excel)
- Experience analyzing data to tell a story and make recommendations
- Experience managing escalations through standardized processes from identification to resolution
- Experience facilitating user support communications with top quality service levels
- Experience managing projects and coordinating with a variety of global cross-functional partners
- Experience working cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top