Escalations Manager, Intellectual Property
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're the team that's responsible for managing reports surrounding Facebook's policies and procedures, complex legal issues and the changing landscape of free speech on the Internet. We are passionate about building trust and giving a clear voice to people. We are constantly balancing mitigating legal risk with making the world more open and connected, all the while scaling our operations to support Facebook's 1.8 billion users. To be successful on our team, you must be passionate about intellectual property and, ideally, how legal rights intersect with online communities. You must also be interested in complex, data-driven project management and working with legal teams to effectively anticipate and mitigate risk for operational work. You must be excited to approach problems as opportunities and you need the strategy skills to identify the right questions to ask in order to find the right solutions. You should be comfortable defending your ideas while remaining open-minded and flexible to feedback from cross-functional teams and experts.The Escalations Team is a high-impact team working on a range of critical projects and issues related to high-touch escalations and fire drills. As a member of the Escalations team, you are at the forefront in helping set the broader IP Ops team up for success, enabling the team to move fast through your problem-solving sophistication, analytical savvy, and resourceful thinking.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to members of your team
- Lead and enable a high-performing team to deliver on goals by providing superb 1:1 support, and enabling deeper, more scalable solutions
- Help shape global team vision and establish team goals and work with direct reports and leaders across the organization on strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results
- Deliver projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research, and strategy development, working directly with global cross-functional teams to problem solve and develop solutions
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence team strategy through effective communication
- Lead strategic tools, systems, and data projects to help the team analyze trends and delivering insights to define goals and improve processes
- Build strategic relationships with global and cross-functional teams to understand and anticipate risks to the company, develop global solutions across operations and policy
- Regularly communicate and interface with senior leadership and global executives in crisis management situations
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in a complex fast paced environment
- Strong people management & development experience (+5 years)
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, ambiguous situations
- Self-starting, intellectually curious and creative individual comfortable operating in ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for customer service
- Prior experience with analytical tools (like Excel, SQL, or R) is a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top