Escalations Manager, Community Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you. The Escalations Manager will be responsible for managing a high-performing team within the Global Escalations team, ensuring that we build a deep understanding of issues impacting our community, building strong strategic relationship with stakeholders, and providing direction, coaching, and mentorship to a diverse, motivated team of individual contributors and leaders. The Manager will help shape the team's long-term vision, devise and drive global goals, and identify opportunities to drive change to help Facebook provide the best support for the community. The Manager will be responsible for driving relationships with senior partners within various cross-functional teams to drive priorities, anticipate challenges, and mitigate & prevent risk. The will lead a team that will be optimizing processes, solving challenging problems and most importantly, helping to prevent them in future.Helping people and solving challenging, global problems to strengthen and enrich our communities is core to the Community Operations team. This is a full-time position, based in the Dublin, Ireland.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to members of your team
- Lead and enable a high-performing team to deliver on goals by providing superb 1:1 support, and enabling deeper, more scalable solutions
- Help shape global team vision and establish team goals and work with direct reports and leaders across the organization on strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results
- Deliver projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research, and strategy development, working directly with global cross-functional teams to problem solve and develop solutions
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence team strategy through effective communication
- Lead strategic tools, systems, and data projects to help the team analyze trends and delivering insights to define goals and improve processes
- Build strategic relationships with global and cross-functional teams to understand and anticipate risks to the company, develop global solutions across operations and policy
- Regularly communicate and interface with senior leadership and global executives in crisis management situations
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in a complex fast paced environment
- Strong people management & development experience (+5 years)
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, ambiguous situations
- Self-starting, intellectually curious and creative individual comfortable operating in ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for customer service
- Prior experience with analytical tools (like Excel, SQL, or R) is a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top