Escalations Manager, Community Operations
(Austin, TX - Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Escalations Manager will be responsible for managing a high-performing team within Risk & Response's Global Escalations team, ensuring that we build a deep understanding of issues impacting our community and provide direction and mentorship to a motivated, high-performing, global team. The Manager will devise goals, work to improve the overall user escalations experience for the Facebook/Instagram community, deliver projects and implement solutions to meet community needs, while working with partners within various cross-functional teams to drive priorities. He/she will lead a team that will be optimizing processes, solving challenging problems and most importantly, helping to prevent them in future. Helping people and solving challenging operational problems is core to the CO's Risk and Response team.
We have full-time opportunities in both our Austin, TX and Menlo Park, CA offices.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to a team of escalation specialists
- Lead and enable a high-performing team to deliver on goals as they provide superb 1:1 support, enabling deeper and more scalable solutions
- Establish team goals and work with direct reports on strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results
- Deliver projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research, and strategy development
- Utilize strategic tools, systems, and data to help the team analyze trends and deliver insights to define goals and improve processes
- Suggest recommendations and influence team strategy through use of effective communication
- Coordinate with global cross-functional teams including PR/Communications, Public Policy, Legal, Quality and others to problem solve and develop solutions
- Advocate for users within their market, partnering with global and cross-functional teams to develop global solutions
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to content relating to offensive images and writings, offensive or derogatory language, or other offensive or controversial material
- 4+ years of experience working in large-scale operations, domains such as online operations, escalations, informational systems, compliance, risk management, policy, legal operations or management consulting
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated experience influencing across functional boundaries and/or globally
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
- BA/BS degree
- Experience managing remotely, across global regions
- Prior experience with analytical tools (like Excel, SQL, or R)
- Advanced degree in business, policy, information systems, legal, etc.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top