Epitaxy Device Modeling
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Characterization Engineer will be responsible for materials characterization of epitaxy wafers used for fabrication of LEDs. The role includes ownership of the epitaxy wafer characterization tools as well as analysis of the data generated. The individual filling this position is expected to work independently and lead projects, as well as within teams interfacing with other engineers, technicians and/or outside vendors to complete all necessary tasks. In particular close collaboration with epitaxy growers is critical.
- Ownership of characterization tools for epitaxy wafers, including photoluminescence wafer mapper, thickness mapper, wafer bow measurement, and X-Ray diffractometer.
- Ensuring uptime of tools, coordinating upgrades & repairs with tool manufacturer, & keeping tools calibrated against standards.
- Coordinating and completing qualification of new characterization tools.
- Analyzing wafer characterization data and creating trend charts for key material parameters.
- Completing advanced characterization of epitaxy wafers using for example atomic force microscopy and cathodoluminescent techniques, and correlating results with epitaxy growth parameters.
- Characterizing III-V epitaxy material by e.g. TLM, Hall and CV measurements.
- Coordinating characterization with external vendors for structural characterization and analysis of III-N and AlInGaP LED wafers, for example TEM, SIMS.
- M.S. in Materials Science, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent field.
- 3+ years of experience with optical and materials characterization of III-N or III-V wafers.
- Experience with statistical data analysis of large data sets, e.g. using MATLAB & JMP.
- Experience characterizing epitaxy for LED applications.
- Experience working with partners and suppliers.
- Knowledge of MOCVD growth of III-N/III-V epitaxy.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top