Environmental, Health, & Safety Coordinator
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) Coordinator to oversee all matters involving personnel safety and environmental impact at the Altoona, IA Data Center. This individual will partner with the Global EHS team and local management to develop, implement and support initiatives, processes and best practices to support strategic goals and drive performance metrics.
- Monitor activities that have the potential to compromise the safety and health of Facebook's personnel, as well as contingent workers, contractors and visitors to the Data Center.
- Monitor activities at the Data Center that have the potential to impact the environment.
- Ensure necessary company records are prepared and maintained according to established company policy and federal, state and local safety and environmental guidelines.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining ISO14001 certification.
- Conduct facility inspections as required by company policy and governmental permits.
- Implement training plan and ensure all EHS training is completed for all on-site personnel.
- Act as the site representative during all internal and external audits.
- Participate in incident investigations, accurate recording of the details, and implementation of corrective action for all work-related incidents.
- Maintain a current inventory and Safety Data Sheets for all chemical hazards on the property.
- Implement risk management strategies and practices.
- Implement site safety programs such as vendor management, waste (hazardous & non-hazardous) management, etc. in accordance with company guidelines.
- Participate in the design and development of facilities, work areas, and work procedures, and make health, safety, and environmental recommendations accordingly.
- Establish and maintain cross-functional and positive working relationships.
- Work with highly confidential information.
- Assist with other supporting activities as required.
- 2+ years experience in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field
- BS Degree in Safety or Health Sciences, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations that impact the company, including: OSHA, EPA, State and local laws and ordinances
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 standard or environmental management systems
- Self-motivator and able to execute tasks
- Ability to work under stress and tight deadlines
- Knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and aptitude for learning new applications
- Occasional travel, roughly 10%
- 5+ years experience in Environmental, Health and Safety or related field
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top