Environmental Audio Engineer, ML/Signal Processing
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Health Technology team is looking for an experienced audio signal processing engineer that is slightly impatient and willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, passionate, and be willing to execute consistently in a fast-paced environment. Strong communications skills are key as well given we interact and work with many internal and external engineering teams, partners, architects, and product management. This engineer will be tasked with establishing and delivering the roadmap of microphone-based ML efforts aimed at improving morbidity, mortality, cost, and inequity in health outcomes. This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Define, then build new algorithms and add enhancements to existing algorithms to support machine listening and analysis of environmental noise.
- Tune algorithms that are built in-house and by external partners to provide high fidelity monitoring performance with negligible audio artifacts and to pass performance goals.
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap.
- Collaborate closely with algorithm developers, SoC architects and designers to support the realization of the necessary hardware to enable innovative experiences.
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team.
- Assess and recommend emerging technologies through close partnership with external, industry leading suppliers.
- Analyze and improve efficiency of algorithms deployed to user devices.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence.
- Knowledge in Audio capture or render algorithms for consumer devices.
- Technical skills in statistical analysis, scientific reasoning, and signal processing.
- Understanding of the mathematical underpinnings of algorithms.
- Experience with one or more of the following audio technologies: equalization, dynamic range compression automatic gain control, noise suppression, acoustic echo cancellation, microphone array processing and voice activity detection.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field with 8+ years of machine learning related work or research, or PhD degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- Experience with computational modeling of human behavior or behavior sensing.
Back to top