Enterprise Systems Engineer (Service Management)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Enterprise System Engineers at Facebook are hybrid software/systems engineers who deliver platforms, tools, and services to ensure Facebook business can run, pivot, grow, and scale. People at Facebook are builders at heart. We take engineering-centric perspectives on managing devices, network, computing, data platform, services, and operations. We share our approach and code to give back to communities at large. Relevant industry experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude.
- Develop software platforms and tools to scale infrastructure service management.
- Develop methods to mitigate and remediate infrastructure events
- Share OnCall responsibilities with your team on infrastructure services.
- Leverage OnCall insights and tooling to drive service health and performance.
- Optimize workflows for automation and instrumentations.
- Work with networking devices and protocols
- Assist with service onboarding for internal users and workload migrations
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working with monitoring and configuration management tools
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs quickly.
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Apache, Squid, NFS, DHCP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP
- Preferred 2+ year of experience with any of the following (but not required):
- Virtualization and/or block storage
- Network devices (routers, switches, load balancers) and network routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, VLANs, STP, HSRP, etc)
- Design and implementation of network management systems
- System administration experience in a Linux environment
- System administration experience in Windows, Exchange, PKI, and VDI.
- Cloud infrastructure and software-defined infrastructure.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top