Enterprise Systems Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Enterprise System Engineers at Facebook are hybrid software/systems engineers who deliver platforms, tools, and services to ensure Facebook business can run, pivot, grow, and scale. People at Facebook are builders at heart. We take engineering-centric perspectives on managing devices, network, computing, data platform, services, and operations. We share our approach and code to give back to communities at large. Relevant industry experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. You will be responsible for growing Linux environment by solving configuration management, authentication, and scaling problems.
This is a full-time position based in our Dublin Office, Ireland
- Build, scale, and secure Facebook's corporate infrastructure, focusing specifically on the Linux environment
- Combine open-source and commercial technologies to build services that will have an impact on the business
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse operating systems and applications, and make them work well together
- Find ways to leverage the scale and complexity of the larger facebook.com infrastructure to solve problems for Enterprise customers
- Be the final escalation point for issues related to Enterprise Linux systems.
- Produce systems that are scalable, automated, and well-documented, and train others to take on operations
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years system administration experience working in a Linux environment
- 5+ years experience in shell scripting
- 2+ years experience coding in at least one of the following languages is required: PHP, Ruby, Python.
- 2+ years experience working with common monitoring and configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Apache, Oracle, Squid, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top