Enterprise Systems Engineer
- Austin, TX
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Enterprise Engineering is looking for Systems Engineers. Our customers are Facebook's employees, and we support the systems they rely on to keep the business growing and information safe. We use a combination of open source and off-the-shelf technologies, plus many of the tools developed to run Facebook. You will be responsible for growing the Linux environment by solving configuration, authentication, and infrastructure problems at scale.
- Build, scale, and secure Facebook's corporate infrastructure, focusing specifically on the Linux environment
- Combine open-source and commercial technologies to build services that will have an impact on the business
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse operating systems and applications, and make them work well together
- Apply modern engineering methodologies such as infrastructure as code, Linux container orchestration, and software-defined storage to scale Facebook's rapidly growing Enterprise infrastructure
- Find ways to leverage the scale and complexity of the larger Facebook infrastructure to solve problems for Enterprise customers
- Be the final escalation point for issues related to Enterprise Linux systems
- Produce systems that are scalable, automated, and well-documented, and train others to take on operations
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years system administration experience working in a Linux environment
- 2+ years experience in shell scripting
- 2+ years experience coding in at least one of the following languages: PHP, Ruby, Python, or Go
- 2+ years experience working with monitoring and configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as Apache, Oracle, Squid, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, SSH, DNS, or SNMP
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top