Enterprise Platform Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We scale and maintain large and distributed installations of vendor products and enterprise applications. Our primary responsibility is to maintain healthy and highly available platforms for our upstream users. In this role, we extend the tools with functionality or performance related engineering and deploy automation on a global basis. We use a lot of internal Facebook tools and frameworks to accomplish these engineering tasks. Our environment is dynamic, our workloads are at the high end of any workloads you may find elsewhere, and we have a great team that shares information freely and openly.
This will be a FTE role based in our London, UK office.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
Posted: 15 Oct 2018
Closing date: 15 Nov 2018
- You will be part of the team that builds, automates and maintains automations between Enterprise Products and facebook infrastructure.
- You ensure that the services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth.
- You excel at optimizing systems and software for performance, availability, reliability, scalability and automation.
- You are also thrilled at the prospect of building strong relationships with customers and engineering teams, solving operational issues thru engineering and implementing quality improvements to make the applications better suited for Facebook's needs.
- In this role, you will get the opportunity to work on complex platform engineering projects partnering with the best engineers to optimize the infrastructure and processes.
- These engineering efforts currently focus on platform automation and building tools that extends the applications capabilities.
- Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation to support what you build.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience integrating and scaling enterprise applications in a hands on capacity
- 2+ years programming experience with languages such as Python, Ruby
- 1+ years experience on UNIX
- Knowledge of Php, React or equivalent modern UI/UX building blocks
- Troubleshooting and debugging experience
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs quickly
- Ability to rapidly learn new development languages
- Experience in configuration and automation tools (for example: Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with containerized deployment (for example: Docker, kubernetes)
- Experience with managing large scale application including health checks
- Experience interfacing with 3rd party software APIs
Back to top